Sunday, November 20, 2011

Forecast: Wind EVERYWHERE

I do a 4-mile loop on some easy days. Actually, it's more of a lollypop than a loop, so mile 4 is mile 1 in the opposite direction.

The headwind was EVERYWHERE. 

How does that HAPPEN?

My fundraising is at 8%. Slow and steady.

This weekend has been...kind of humbling, at best. Saturday, I did my long run: 8 miles. Today's recovery run: 4 miles. 

I remember when 8 miles was an easy run. Yesterday's 8-miler felt more like an 18 miler. I stopped a lot. Out of breath. Tired. I couldn't blame the wind. 

It's so hard when you're used to performing at a certain level and your body betrays you.

This is nothing new.

I should be grateful that I can be out there at all, I know. And running, for me, continues to be a roller coaster. What I will say is this: I am enjoying the ride indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment