Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A-ha!

I found out why some seemingly random people are donating to my cause.

A friend of mine, who works at -- let's just say a big athletic behemoth -- was "giving" away passes to a certain big behemoth employee store. She had a set amount and said people could have one--as long as they donated to my cause.

Glass half-empty wonders: "Is this like the teacher bribing the kids to give me a valentine?"

Glass half-full thinks: "I'm so glad my friend is using her massive intelligence for good."

Anyway, it was very cool and garnered me some bucks, so everyone is happy.

Today's other a-ha! moment: I went to my physical therapist (PT) who is a whole cauldron of awesome. I have this issue where my right hip gets rotated and it affects my leg. I was feeling a little off-balance and he confirmed that I was a *lot* off-balance and he did a lot of reshaping me back into place. My glutes and back thank him for it. It was the kind of realignment where I sometimes feel like I should ask for a cigarette afterwards.

My PT could put Humpty Dumpty back together. He's done so much for me that I even gave him a cameo in the novel I'm trying to sell.

Off to plot more of Book Two.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fellow writer and a melanoma survivor... Would love to chat with you. Seems like we have a bit in common.

    Best,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete